Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

In reflection, I look back to the beginning. When I first started, I found the exercises confusing and difficult. Not being computer savvy with all the new technology out there, I felt bereft. Thoughts of giving up were in my mind, but I couldn't do that, it's not in my personality. So I plowed on. It didn't seem to work for me at work, too many interuptions, couldn't concentrate, so I did them at home in my free time, which brought about resentment. At first it took me hours to complete a task and my confidence was shattered. But as I went on I learnt a lot and my confidence was restored, to the point where I could see a light at the end of the tunnel and I started to do the exercises at work, resentment was gone and I started to get excited that I was able to accomplish the tasks asked of me without any help from anyone and I was very proud of what I had achieved.

2 comments:

L.I.S.T. said...

It's great to see you got into the spirit of Learning 2.0 and did’nt give up, because that is what it's all about, learning and having confidence in yourself to try something different.
***** five stars, you are a star.

librarygirlcbd said...

Well Done Helen!! Not only did you accomplish this challenge but you were the first one out of all of us to finish the 23 things.
CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT EFFORT!!

Chick eats a big spider